The Human Resources Supervisor is responsible for developing, implementing and administering Human Resources policies, practices, strategies, and services across Newbern, TN plant. In this role, you will assure all Human Resources activities are compatible with progressive corporate values and mission. Counsel and influence management regarding policies, practices, laws and regulations and monitor application to insure positive and equitable employee relations. Plan, develop and implement employee communication, recognition and motivational programs that enhance the working environment and aid in attracting and retaining greater talent.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention, and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will administer employee relation’s policies and procedures that are responsive to the needs of employees and customers; as well as compliment the Eaton Leadership Attributes
- You will assess and select talent and train and coach managers on the process
- You will monitor performance management procedures to assure fair and equitable treatment for all employees
- You will inform and train employees of Corporate and Divisional human resources policies and procedures
- You will provide a resource for all managers and supervisors in the areas of Human Resources including guidance on motivating, counseling, and developing direct and indirect reports, as well we employee performance improvements
- You will represent the Company’s programs, policies, and procedures in matters involving EEOC, AAP, and OFCCP
- You will develop, implement and monitor compliance with affirmative action policies that meet federal and state legislation as well as Corporate policy
- You will direct and coordinate the recruitment, selection and promotion process of applicants to meet salaried requirements
- You will coordinate training and development programs, including new employee orientation, to meet the needs and goals of individuals and departments
- You will manage the performance appraisal system, salary planning, and the OCA (succession planning) process
- You will conduct, coordinate and monitor employee meetings and involvement programs
- You will represent the Newbern, TN facility in community activities. Administer local charitable contributions, including United Way
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of Human Resources experience
- This position requires the use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Master’s degree in human resources or an MBA with a human resources concentration
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- PHR or SPHR certification
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within the United States and/or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time